Sunday 24 March 2013

SS13 Nails


I was very bored with my nails, and so I decided that I was going to inject a bit of Spring into my wardrobe by painting my nails! After spending a good hour or so looking at all the different catwalk trends this season, I chose one of the many modern takes on a french manicure!

I say it's a modern french mani, but it's actually just a diagonal stripe covering nearly half of my nail. The only thing is so many people have been saying it's a french manicure that I've decided to call it that instead!

It was really easy to do, because you just have to put some tape at the angle you want, paint the stripe, leave for a bit and peel off! Just finish it off with a clear top coat to protect it, easy peasy lemon squeezy!

The colour I used is a very pale, nearly-white pink, from laca de uñas (I'm guessing this is a spanish brand, but I just found the colour in my mum's nail polish collection and really liked it! The essie colour called 'Fiji' is really similar though!)

The topcoat polish that I used is the Rimmel 60 seconds in clear. The polish isn't a great topcoat, but it dries really quickly for when you are in a rush, which is good!The topcoat polish tcoat, but it dries really quickly for when you are in a rush, which is good!



I really like this look, and I think I'm gonna try it with a few different colours, and also check out some of the other trends, with vertical stripes etc, but right now I really like this look! I hope you agree!




Thanks for reading!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment